Township offices will be closed in observance of Memorial Day.
As Memorial Day Weekend approaches kicking off the unofficial start of summer, backyard chefs everywhere are dusting off their grills, eager to spring into the long-awaited barbeque season. This holiday and summer season, the Beavercreek Township Fire Department recommends that grillers pay particular attention to safety, especially in June and July, when home fires involving grilling fires occur most often.
When grilling, the National Fire Protection Association suggests the following safety tips:
• Stay alert when grilling. Do not grill if you are sleepy or when you are drinking alcohol.
• Don’t leave your cooking/grill area unattended.
• Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area. Remove flammable materials from around the grill.
• Be mindful of where you are grilling. Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
• Grills should be placed well away from the home and deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
For more safety tips on grilling, read a complete list of specific safety tips and download an easy safety tip sheet for reference
The following link provides some safety tips: http://www.beavercreektownship.org/MemorialDayTips